Tuesday, February 3, 2015

vessel

As a young man, I spent several years aboard a few naval vessels.  They carried men, weapons and our defense mission to places near and far (though I served during peace time).  The word vessel intrigues me.  Besides describing ships, it also can mean a pot to carry any kind of liquid or even a blood vessel to carry the most vital human liquid to all parts of the body.  In a very real sense, each of us who has come to know the Lord is a vessel for him.  Our lives are vessels which carry His presence within and also carry His truth to others.  In a sense we are both containers and transporters of the Lord, as a ship is a carrier and transporter of a nation's defense.  I like the analogy because I am aware that I am not the truth but, through the Lord's purposes, we can become a vessel for His truth. We are challenged to be the kind of vessel that the Lord is pleased with!
-
1 Thessalonians 4:3-4 
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality:  that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor...
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment