Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Walking toward Jesus

 
"Where am I going?", is a question that we carry inside all the time.  We attempt to answer the question on different levels every day.  We awaken, dress and head to work or other activities.  We may have choices on a daily basis, or be constrained by the demands and routines of our current lives.  On a deeper level we wonder about purpose.  "Where am I going?" becomes "Who am I?" and "What is my purpose?"  It encourages me to remember that Jesus came here, both 2000 years ago, in the flesh, and a few decades ago in the spirit, to my life, so that I could find answers to these questions in the personal dimension.  It occurred to me that "Where I am going" finds its answer in Him.  I am walking toward Jesus every day.  He is my ultimate destination.  When all that can be said and done has been said and has been done and I leave earth's shore for Heaven's home there will be the arms of Jesus and nothing to separate or distract from Him.
-
I hope that you, also, are walking, one step and one day at a time, toward Jesus!
-
John 13:36  Simon Peter said to Him, Lord, where are You going?  Jesus answered, You are not able to follow Me now where I am going, but you shall follow Me afterwards.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment