Thursday, April 16, 2015

someone beautiful

 
  The Lord has put someone beautiful in my life.  My wife, Shirley, is that beautiful person.  Marriage is such a great design.  It takes rough, clumsy, scratchy men like me and pairs them up with soft, sweet and beautiful creatures like my wife.  She is beautiful to see and she is beautiful in her love for me.  As we have travelled life's journey she has always found ways to beautify our home.  I have no feel for colors or for interior design and Shirley has filled our home with seasonal plants and decorated with pictures and furnishings that make our dwelling also our personalized home.  As we have moved through the years of youthful couple with young children and now to the empty nest she has always supported me.  Her wisdom and practical "uncommon" common sense keeps me grounded.  And today we celebrate 38 years of marriage.  She is the beautiful creature in my life and I am so grateful that the Lord opened my eyes to her beauty so long ago and gave me the longing of my life to travel through the days with beauty at my side.
-
Proverbs 5:18 Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you.  Rejoice in the wife of your youth...may you always be captivated by her love.
-
with love for Shirley,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment