Monday, May 18, 2015

relevant

  Some wonder if God is relevant to their life.  Is God relevant to their situation...their family...their job...their personality.  All of those things that swirl around and through a life seem separate from a discussion about a God who may or may not exist.  God becomes a point of debate that a person may or may not have time to entertain.  Many may conclude that God isn't relevant to their life because they seem to be living just fine without Him.
-
It occurred to me yesterday that we may want to turn that around and ask a different question: "Am I relevant to God?"  Am I interested in discovering Him?  Am I open to the possibility of His reality and His personal interest in my life?  Do I have an interest in knowing Him deeply and not just debating His reality?  If He is there (and here) am I interested in aligning my life with His best intentions for it?
-
Relevance precedes relationship.  Rather than considering whether we might invite God into our world...what if we considered what it would mean to enter His?
-
Isaiah 40:28
Have you not known?  Have you not heard? The everlasting God,  the Lord, The Creator of the ends of  the earth, Neither faints nor is weary.  His understanding is unsearchable.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment