Tuesday, May 26, 2015

the potential of a day

  We tend to think in big terms about what our lives can amount to and about the problems and challenges of our lives.  This morning it hit me, as I considered the beauty of another gorgeous late spring morning, that each day has amazing potential.  "What if I considered more the potential of each day, as it appeared, than the potential of an entire life?"  It certainly seems more manageable and I really can't grasp all the possibilities and considerations of a long stretch of time.  Each day we are presented with a fresh opportunity to recognize our Creator and bow before His sovereignty and lean upon His strength.  In practical terms, it is in the course of the day that I will do whatever I will do and my life is divided into these units called days.  And I don't think I've begun to fully wring all the potential from even one day.  In a sense life can be considered a succession of daily adventures, where we look to ourselves or we can look to the Lord for the inspiration, vision and energy.  Who knows what potential lies waiting to be tapped today!
-
Job 10:5
Are Your days like the days of a mortal man?
Are Your years like the days of a mighty man...
-
blessings this day,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment