Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Fw: honey in the air


----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:40 AM
Subject: honey in the air

The morning walk these days leads down a gravel road that is walled by towering pine and hardwoods.  After walking about ten minutes we come to an open marsh and on the edge of marsh honeysuckle is in full bloom.  It is so refreshing to come out of the shadow of the tall trees and see the water, feel the open light of the sun and smell honey in the air from the plants.
-
Honey in the air

stepping into summer heat
welcomed by the biting flies
feel the crunch of graveled feet
under leafy hardwood skies
-
strolling down the windy path
thoughts of You who made it all...
talking with the One who lasts
hearing in my mind your call
-
morning is a pleasant chance
for the new to wash the old
Lord, I thank you for this dance
down the road...
You bear my load.
-
into open air I walk
view expands to open marsh
smells of honey fill the air
charge my senses...lift my heart!
-
-
Psalm 119:103 How sweet your words taste to me; they are sweeter than honey.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment