Thursday, July 30, 2015

Fw: content to be created


----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2015 7:26 AM
Subject: content to be created

We just came back from a week in New England to visit family and see a friend's son get married.  New England is a beautiful place, full of history and natural beauty.  We saw villages that are still active with dates going back to the 1600's and the countryside was rolling and rocky and marked by lakes and hills going back to the glaciers.  I went for a morning walk at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Connecticut (picture attached) and was struck with the simple beauty of the river near their home.  I was reminded that I, too, am a part of this Creation picture.  We have a very special place in the order and plans of our Maker and He has gone to great length to restore us...made in His image...to a place where we can know Him forever.  But my starting point is as a created being.  I am reminded this morning that it is important to keep perspective on just who is the Creator and who is created.  He did such a fine work of fashioning us that we sometimes get things out of order.  We may foolishly think that we are the ones in charge!  It is good to be content to be created and share in the beauty of all of creation and especially the unique wonder of personally knowing and bowing before our Creator!
-
Isaiah 45:12
I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens; and all their host have I commanded.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment