Sunday, August 2, 2015

Big world

  Dear Friends who have received my devotional thoughts:
-
I'm about to experience something that will open up the world as a much bigger place.  In October I and several other friends are going to some pretty remote places in Africa to share the Gospel with Background Partners.  We will be using a "story telling" approach because we will be sharing with folks who are largely illiterate.  However, they are very comfortable and familiar with communicating through stories.  This reminds me of Jesus' use of parables and stories as a central part of His earthly ministry.  You all receive my devotional thoughts and so I wanted to ask for your prayer support and financial help too, if you feel led to. 
-
The trip is scheduled for October 16-24 and we're going to Kenya.  The cost is about $2,600 and if you'd like to help you can do that one of two ways (gifts are tax deductible):
-
Log on to www.bground.org/give and note my name and Kenya 15
or
Send a check made out to "Background Partners" and mail to my house (9381 Ottoway Ct.  Toano, VA  23168) and note Rob Smith Kenya 15 in the memo area. 
-
I am trusting the Lord to help us really connect with a people very different in some ways....but very much in need of the same Gospel message that we have experienced!
-
I am also trusting that the Lord will provide some exciting devotional thoughts along the way.
-
I hope you will consider coming along for the trip with your prayers and support!
-
We're hoping to be part of the following prophecy:
-
Zephaniah 3:10
My scattered people who live beyond the rivers of Ethiopia will come to present their offerings.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment