Monday, August 17, 2015

uphill both ways

  I like to jog a backwoods road because it is away from traffic and buried in nature.  Also, it is heavily shaded and that makes a big difference on a hot afternoon.  The biggest challenge, though, is that the way out on this run is pretty much all uphill after the first half mile.  I can feel my breathing becoming labored as the trail progresses and I just hope I can keep going till the end of the climb.  But I realized yesterday that much of the way back also seemed uphill to me!  Some of the flatter stretches on the way out now seemed decidedly like climbs when I was tired.  "Both ways uphill"...reminded me of jokes about older generations walking to school on that kind of road! 
-
Life can seem this way sometimes...both ways uphill.  Sometimes you seem to climb one hill only to find another one and every turn you make leads to another hill to climb.  But then you are reminded of a few other realities:  The view around you is beautiful and you are not alone.  Your creator is also your savior and helper and He is with you every step of the way.  And the challenge of the hills you climb is making a difference in your spiritual health and giving you the conditioning needed to make it all the way to the finish line.
-
Hebrews 12:1,2 (part)
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith...who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross... 
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment