Monday, January 4, 2016

crisp morning

  We had unusually warm weather over much of the Christmas holiday period.  It seemed a little strange to wear spring clothes outside in late December.  In a way the crisp morning air today was refreshing and I enjoyed a bracing walk as I spent some time with the Lord.  The thought that seemed to refresh me, like the chilly temperatures, was that we need to focus first on our primary relationship.  We have so many relationships...with our spouse, with coworkers, with friends...even with ourselves.  At times all the other relationships seem to take priority and drive our emotions and even our actions and attitudes.  But this morning I was reminded that it is essential to focus first on the 'primary' relationship....the personal relationship we have with the Lord.  He came personally to find us and to buy us back so that we could enjoy a close and intimate walk.  For some reason we may allow other things to interfere with that personal walk.  This morning I was reminded to make it a 'first step' to realign with Him...to make sure that there was nothing between us.  All the other relationships...even with myself...will only go as well as my primary relationship with the Lord.
-
John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment