Monday, January 11, 2016

Walking by starlight

 I went for a walk this morning...before the sun arose.  The sky was crisp and clear and stars studded the velvet canopy and provided enough light to just make out the path in front of me.  I was glad to be alone with all that vastness above.  It felt both humbling and intimate at the same time.  I considered how our great God fashioned all of that great expanse and then how He also made me and gave me the eyes to see His greatness.  Beyond that, I was amazed to consider that the One who could conceive and create on such a grand level would even have interest in me and all the other "me's" out there!  I spend much of my day peering into a much smaller computer screen and it was good to re reattached to the original high definition, big screen...lit by the stars.
-
It's interesting that in the early morning the blackness of the night gives no hint of the brilliant light of day, which lies just ahead.  This also encouraged me as I realized that the great and intimate Creator I'd been visiting with quietly would soon shine on my world and continue to shine in my life.  He is the God of day and of night...the God of the vast and the intimate.
-
Psalm 136:the moon and stars to rule over the night,
    for his steadfast love endures forever;
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment