Tuesday, March 22, 2016

anticipating the sun

Right now the sun is rising about 7:08 am.  When I go out to spend some time with the Lord it is before that.  This morning I really wanted to experience the excitement of a sunrise but I couldn't wait that long so I stood on a rise and looked east at the pre-dawn light that was washing the sky in soft oranges and blues.  I realized that even before the sun rises its light begins to do the work of brightening the sky and illuminating the day.  You might say that this time of morning is 'anticipating the sun'.  Then I thought about Jesus, the Son who seeks to rise in human hearts.  He shines His light into our lives even before we accept Him.  He prepares us by revealing His reality and our limits and begins to make us ready for His entrance into our lives.  As we wait for the sun to rise in the morning we are prepared by the early light and as we wait for the Son to rise in our hearts we are prepared by the light that searches us out and begins to warm us, even before He arrives.
-
Luke 1:78 because of the tender mercy of our God,
    whereby the sunrise shall visit us from on high
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment