Monday, March 21, 2016

little light, little reflection

I headed down to the pond this morning before the sun was up.  There was enough background light from the early morning sky to just make out the surface of the water and there was enough light to see a dull reflection of the surrounding trees on the water.  It occurred to me that where there is little light there is also little reflection.  If I am not walking in the brightness and full light of the Lord...through time in His word...time in conversation with Him...time considering who He is and who I am...if I am walking in a dim light then I am not able to reflect much of Him.  Not only will I essentially be in darkness....I will not help others to see the one who needs to be seen.  Just as the sun will shortly illuminate my day (even if hiding behind clouds and rain) so I need Him to shine on my life and reflect Himself.  It's interesting that we have choice when it comes to the amount of light that we allow to wash over us.  Psalm 91 tells us that if we dwell in the light of His care we can find another kind of shadow...the shadow of His protection.

[Note:  I tried to take a picture of the dull shadows on the pond but it may be too dark to show them]

Psalm 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment