Sunday, April 10, 2016

Fw: decorative soap




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2016 7:20 AM
Subject: decorative soap

I have this small conflict whenever I use our small bathroom to wash my hands.  I really prefer using a bar of soap to wash...from habit growing up, but my wife likes to use dispensers of liquid soap.  So I go along with that.  But in our small guest bathroom there is a jar with three balls of perfectly good soap that I'd like to use...but that I'm not supposed to use because it's there as a decoration.  It's perfectly good soap but we need to preserve the round balls with their lovely color for appearance.  It isn't soap that is meant to actually be used.  If it were used to wash the shape would change and the bowl would become gooey and the three balls of soap wouldn't match.
-
It occurred to me that we can be like those decorative balls of soap.  We, as believers, have been cleansed and we are equipped to help others wash in the knowledge of the Savior, but we can be content to stay in our bowl, on the edge of the sink and just look pretty.
-
We have been washed in something far more precious than soap and our attractiveness will be found as we engage in the process of bringing the cleansing news to others!
-
1 John 1:If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment