Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Fw: starting point




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:31 AM
Subject: starting point

I don't know about you but when I'm awakening to a new day my thoughts are in a fog.  There is some kind of mixture of dreams and concerns and what is about to happen in the new day that come together in a confused soup inside my mind.  As I become fully alert those thoughts will take a certain tack...confidence, fear, problem solving...something will usually form the main theme within my mind.
-
I think that's why I like to start the day down at the pond.  I think about the beauty there that is changing with seasons and weather but shows the handiwork of the Lord and takes my thoughts outside of self and reminds me that there is a better starting point for my thoughts.
-
I thought this morning about scripture and how it is a better starting point for my thoughts than my own thoughts...on their own.  If I start with the mind of the Lord through His words then my thoughts are realigned with His. 
-
Just as the pond is a better place to go to start the day, so the word of God is a better place to start my thought picture for the day.  It's best to let Him speak first into my day!
-
Psalm 119:18 Open my eyes, that I may behold
    wondrous things out of your law.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment