Monday, June 13, 2016

Fw: surrounded




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2016 7:20 AM
Subject: surrounded

This morning it felt good to be "surrounded".  I felt surrounded by the towering trees overhead and was reminded that the Lord surrounds and towers over me.  And that is a good thing.  I was thinking about getting back to the most basic aspect of walking with the Lord...having that knowledge and awareness that He is with me.  I realized in a fresh way that this is the essence of the personal relationship with Jesus.  He is with me.  And His presence surrounds me and towers over me.  In the quietness and simple beauty of this late spring morning, when many thoughts about the day ahead tried to take me down paths of anxiety, it was good to refocus those thoughts on the One who came so far and gave so much that I could walk through the day in assurance...assurance that His towering presence would continue to surround throughout the day.
-
Psalm 125:As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
    so the Lord surrounds his people,
    from this time forth and forevermore.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment