Thursday, October 13, 2016

Fw: seasons




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:28 AM
Subject: seasons

As I looked around this morning at leaves starting to turn color it occurred to me: "Seasons happen".  We don't control the movement from summer to fall to winter to spring.  But the seasons change every year.  And each season comes as a familiar friend when it first arrives.  I usually find that I'm ready for the next season when it starts to show up (with the possible exception of winter).  And there are seasons in our lives as well... as we grow up and mature and grow old.  And we don't control those seasons either.  This morning I considered how the God who controls the seasons of nature and of my life also has accompanied me in a personal way and, thankfully, broke into my awareness in an earlier season.  I was reminded that life isn't about "control" but returning gratitude for the One who does.
-
Leviticus 26:4 then I will give you your rains in their season, and the land shall yield its increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment