Monday, January 16, 2017

Fw: Get in step!




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 7:26 AM
Subject: Get in step!

Galatians 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.
-
I remember many things (though have forgotten many more) about Plebe Summer at the Naval Academy.  It was a rough indoctrination...kind of a "shake down" time to test our commitment to a challenging program.  But I have clear memories about learning the basics of marching and shouldering a rifle.  We had to prepare for all the future parades we would make on Wednesday afternoons and football games on Saturdays.  We had to learn to keep our heads straight ahead...stay in alignment with the guy in front and to the side.  Moving together and at the same time was the heart of it.  So when I read the verse above this weekend I was reminded that there is another march I'm involved in.  The Holy Spirit wants to lead me in His parade...His walk...and He wants me to keep my head straight and in alignment with Him.  I don't want to be out of step with the Spirit, after all.  He is the one who showed me my need for salvation and only He can be trusted to lead me correctly.  When marching in a military group you don't worry about reaching your destination...someone else has that big picture...you just keep your head up straight and stay in alignment and match the steps of others following the leader's drumbeat.  And you do reach the right place at the right time.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment