Monday, February 6, 2017

Fw: God of choice




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Monday, February 6, 2017 7:22 AM
Subject: God of choice

 
We often consider why God seems to choose some and not others to know Him.  The Bible tells us that God knew before time began that some would believe and others not.  How is it that some come awake to the reality of the living God and others do not?  There is mystery there for sure.  But another question to ask is: How is it that some of us choose God and others do not?  How is it that a awesome God, who made all things and gave us life, does not force Himself upon each one?  It seems clear that we have freedom to chose Him as well.  This thought seemed to emerge this morning from a few verses in Psalm 16 (bolding is mine):
-
The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
    you hold my lot.
I have set the Lord always before me;
    because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

David had discovered that only by choosing God could good come from his life and only by avoiding other false Gods could he avoid great sorrow.  He concludes this psalm with this beautiful statement:
-
11 
You make known to me the path of life;
    in your presence there is fullness of joy;
    at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
-
The choice is ours.  Will we also set the Lord before us?  Will we make Him our chosen portion?
-
blessings,
Rob Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment