Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Fw: a lasting relationship




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:26 AM
Subject: a lasting relationship

John, chapter 15, paints a picture of how our relationship with the living God has results that go on forever.  The word "abide" is used several times to show how we ought to remain 'plugged in' to Father and Son and if we do that we are promised to bear fruit in our lives that will also remain.  Here are passages that paint this picture:
-
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me." 
-
{Note, it's not just us abiding in Him but Him abiding in us!}
-
5... "Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit" 
-
{Note the promise that comes from abiding in Him}
-
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."
-
{Here's how we abide}
-
"9...Abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love"
-
There are two great outcomes from abiding in Jesus: (1) the Father is glorified and (2) lasting fruit is produced
-
"8 By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples."
16..." I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide"
-
Oh...and abiding in Him is the path to joy!
-
"11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full."
-
blessings!
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment