Saturday, May 13, 2017

Fw: road to life




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 8:55 AM
Subject: road to life

I found the road to life this morning!  Down at the pond a concrete barrier prevents traffic from crossing a washed out bridge.  Someone has added graffiti to the barrier.  I noticed that the last word was "life".  It occurred to me that each of us needs to find the road to life and we may be surprised when we discover  that road in an unexpected place and time.  Like the road in my picture, your road...your well traveled life...may be a bit rough, overgrown and unsightly.  But Jesus stands at the head of that road.  He stands in the middle of that road.  He says, "If you want to continue and find life then you must deal with this barrier I have put in your path.  It is not so much a barrier as an intersection.  But before you complete your journey I want you to face me and either accept me or climb over me.  For I have come to meet you on your road."
-
Isaiah 43:19
Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment