Friday, May 12, 2017

Fw: this very moment




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 7:17 AM
Subject: this very moment

How are you "this very moment"?  I was struck by this passage from Paul's letter to the Ephesians (chapter 2, verse 13 in the Amplified Version):
-
"But now [at this very moment] in Christ Jesus you who once were [so very] far away [from God] have been brought near by the blood of Christ."
-
I realized that my picture of God is too often distant even though I have put my trust in Him and even though He has been faithful to me.  I allow too much distance into the relationship when He desires intimacy.  He has brought me near and through a great price.  And now I can view my life as an endless series of "moments" ...each one is "this very moment"...when I experience this nearness.  And if He has brought me near, who am I to draw away or withdraw into myself?
-
We get a sense of what God is doing in this chapter as He is breaking down barriers between people and between people and God.  The chapter concludes with a statement of God's plan in verse 22: "22 In Him [and in fellowship with one another] you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in the Spirit."
-
This very moment you are very near to God and He is very near to you...so near that God has chosen to live within you and within the fellowship of believers together.
-
May this day be a succession of moments where we remember His nearness,
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment