Friday, July 21, 2017

Fw: when faith is underneath everything




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 7:31 AM
Subject: when faith is underneath everything

Job 16:19 
Even now, behold, my witness is in heaven,
    and he who testifies for me is on high.
20 My friends scorn me;
    my eye pours out tears to God,
21 that he would argue the case of a man with God,
    as a son of man does with his neighbor.

The Old Testament figure, Job, had suffered the loss of almost everything that mattered in his life: crops, herds, children, personal health.  And as he was mourning all this his wife told him to turn his back on the God he believed in and his friends also provided more judgement than comfort.  But despite all this adversity Job clings to his faith and the passage above reminds us that we, also, have a witness in heaven...one who testifies for us.  Jesus is the one who argues our case before God.  And we deserve the loss of all things but our advocate is also our sin-bearer.  He paid our price and now represents us in the courts of Heaven.
-
Job had this confidence too..that one day Jesus, who had redeemed him, would come!
-
Job 19:25 
For I know that my Redeemer lives,
    and at the last he will stand upon the earth.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith
-

-



No comments:

Post a Comment