Saturday, December 9, 2017

Fw: Jesus in the Psalms


Psalm 2:

I will tell of the decree:
The Lord said to me, "You are my Son;
    today I have begotten you.
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
    and the ends of the earth your possession.

-
The author of the epistle to the Hebrews in the New Testament confirms that this passage, written by King David about 900 years before the first Christmas, refers to Jesus as a prophecy:

Hebrews 1:

For to which of the angels did God ever say,

"You are my Son,
    today I have begotten you"?

-
We ought to put our trust in the One who has not only created all we can see but knows ahead of time how He will restore a fallen world.  At the very end of Psalm 2 is the final thought: Blessed are all who take refuge in him.


-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."



No comments:

Post a Comment