Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Fw: More prophecies about Jesus


Jesus really did come...the Son of God...He was foretold centuries earlier by the prophets and in this season of Christmas it is good to remember that faith is confirmed by facts.

Isaiah 7:14  All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'God is with us').
-
Micah 5:2 But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah,
    are only a small village among all the people of Judah.
Yet a ruler of Israel,
    whose origins are in the distant past,
    will come from you on my behalf.
-
Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice, O people of Zion!
    Shout in triumph, O people of Jerusalem!
Look, your king is coming to you.
    He is righteous and victorious,
yet he is humble, riding on a donkey—
    riding on a donkey's colt.
-
Zechariah 11:

12 And I said to them, "If you like, give me my wages, whatever I am worth; but only if you want to." So they counted out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.

13 And the Lord said to me, "Throw it to the potter"—this magnificent sum at which they valued me! So I took the thirty coins and threw them to the potter in the Temple of the Lord.
-
Zechariah 12:10 "Then I will pour out a spirit of grace and prayer on the family of David and on the people of Jerusalem. They will look on me whom they have pierced and mourn for him as for an only son. They will grieve bitterly for him as for a firstborn son who has died.
-
He really came...just as the prophets said...born of a virgin in Bethlehem as Immanuel, God coming to us.  He eventually entered Jerusalem on the back of a donkey.  He was betrayed by Judas for 30 pieces of silver, which Judas threw back in the Temple after the betrayal.  And He was pierced by the Roman guard and mourned as the crucified only son of the Father.


-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."



No comments:

Post a Comment