Monday, December 18, 2017

Fw: power lines

As I sat and reflected on a new morning today I noticed the power lines that traced a line across the field where I was sitting.  (The picture is actually an internet find.)  I thought about power lines and their important function to connect people with the electricity needed to provide energy for their homes.  When we have an occasional ice storm or tropical storm we can lose those power lines and then we really appreciate power lines working as they normally do.  In our area the Dominion power people work tirelessly to restore the lines when they are down.
-
I thought about my power lines to the Lord...power lines of prayer...of looking up and expecting to hear...of His Word.  When I utilize those power lines the energy flows from Heaven into my inner person and I can "power up" for daily living.  Storms can also affect these power lines, but my experience has been that they actually get used more in the storm than in the "good" times.
-
How are your power lines?  Are they in place...have you established a living relationship with Jesus Christ, who carried the power line from Heaven to Earth and planted it at the Cross?  Nothing can disrupt the flow of power on this line once we have made the connection to our hearts...but we can fail to access the power or ignore the lines.
-
Psalm 59:16
But as for me, I will sing about your power.
    Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love.
For you have been my refuge,
    a place of safety when I am in distress.

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment